The Indigenous Partnership plays an active role in campaigning for agrobiodiversity and food sovereignty.
- In 2011, during the first Indigenous Terra Madre, the Indigenous Partnership was part of the Steering Committee which drafted the Jokkmokk Declaration. This document has been carried forward to the UNFPII Session in May 2012. In Jokmokk, a representative from the millet network in India presented in an indigenous language her campaign for reviving millet production in shifting cultivation areas.
- In 2012 The Indigenous Partnership held a Convening workshop in Banaue (Philippines). As a result of the workshop, a Banaue Declaration was proclaimed.
- Working closely with the Secretariat of the UNFPII and IFAD, the Partnership encouraged the UNFPII to host a half-day session on the Right of Indigenous Peoples to food and food sovereignty during its 2012 Session and hosted a Side event in collaboration with …
- In 2015, in collaboration with the International Indian Treaty Council (IITC), Centro de la Autonomía y Desarrollo de los Pueblos Indígenas (CADPI) and Slow Food (International, USA and Sámpi) during the 14th Session of the UNPFII a Side Event has been held. The Event was entitled “Indigenous Peoples’ Food Sovereignty: From Community to International Action”.
- During Indigenous Terra Madre 2015 (ITM 2015), The Indigenous Partnership, along Slow Food International and NESFAS, with the indigenous representatives from 62 countries and 170 indigenous communities drafted the Shillong Declaration. It has to be intended as “a living document, based on the sessions held at ITM 2015”, as stated in the document.
- The Indigenous Partnership will organize a side Event on “Harvesting Food for Peace” during the 15th session of the UNPFII, in May 2016.
Other Events realized by the Indigenous Partnership…